Please note that these are only the closures/postponements/cancellations THAT WE KNOW ABOUT. There are certainly others about which we are unaware. This list will be updated frequently as we receive additional information.
- ALL dine-in service at ALL eating/drinking establishments in Colorado is cancelled – take-out, delivery, and drive-through ONLY. Click HERE to see a list of Fremont County restaurants, coffee shops, bars, breweries, wineries, etc. that are offering take-out, curbside, delivery and/or drive-through services.
- Cañon City Brews & Bikes will be closed until the dine-in ban for restaurants is lifted.
- Ortega’s will be closed until the dine-in ban for restaurants is lifted.
- The Cinnamon Shack Cafe in Florence will be closed until further notice.
- All gyms, theaters, and casinos have all been shut down statewide.
- All hair and nail salons, barbers, spas, tattoo parlors, and massage businesses shut down effective March 19 through April 30.
- The Royal Gorge Bridge and Park will allow 2 axle vehicles and motorcycles to drive across the bridge at this time. Guests must remain in their vehicle and there will be no pedestrian traffic on the bridge or around the park. All facilities within the park, including rides, food service, retail shops, and restrooms, are closed. For $20 per vehicle, guests will be able to experience the Royal Gorge Bridge & Park in a once-in-a-lifetime way! Passenger vehicles of more than 9 will not be allowed to drive across the bridge during this time.
- Cañon City Lanes is closed until further notice, but their snack bar is available for take-out and curbside meals.
- Walmart in Cañon City has temporarily changed their hours to 7:00am-8:30pm to allow for stocking and cleaning.
- City Market in Cañon City has updated their hours to 7:00am-8:00pm to allow for stocking and cleaning. Click HERE to read about other measures being taken.
- High Country Bank is closing its branch lobbies.
- Credit Union of Colorado is closing all branch lobbies, while continuing operation of branch drive-ups and ATMs. We plan to keep lobbies closed until at least March 28th.
- Royal Gorge Wellness is closed until further notice.
- The Petal Pusher Flower Shop will be working remotely but will still be doing no-contact deliveries. Call 719-315-2914 to order.
- The Cañon City Daily Record and Shopper have temporarily closed their office to the public.
- Hobby Hut Ceramics kids spring break classes and canvas painting for kids and adults have been cancelled for this week.
- Mrs. B’s Clock Tower Antiques in Cañon City will be closed until further notice. Dee’s Pace will be open for appointments only. Please call 719-276-9020.
- The Artists’ Gallery in Cañon City will be closed until further notice, but will meet individually with patrons by appointment only. Call (719) 275-3534 to schedule a private showing.
- Combat Mtn will be closed until further notice.
- The Lucky Stop and Chrysalis Consignment in Cañon City will be closed until further notice.
- Kaleidoscope Inspiration is open for business but the hours will be 10:00am-3:00pm Tuesday-Saturday until further notice.
- Desert Canyon Farm has cancelled all of their classes and workshops for April and will re-evaluate at the end of April.
- Bakers Rack All Things Kitchen will be closed for the next 2-3 weeks.
- Effective immediately the physical office of Fremont Regional Hospice will be closed until March 30th at 8 a.m. Patients will continue to be seen on their normal scheduled visits. If you need to speak to any of our staff or if you have a referral please call us at 719-275-4315. We will be doing business via phone, fax, and email (info@fremontregionalhospice.
- All nursing homes/rehab centers are restricting visitors to their facilities until further notice.
- Please visit Solvista Health’s Facebook page for coronavirus-related changes to their protocol.
- Cañon City’s Goodwill store will be closed until April 6.
- Cañon City Pregnancy Center – click HERE to review the COVID-19 protocol on their Facebook page.
- The Cañon City Chamber of Commerce and the Royal Gorge Region Visitors Center will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The Pantry of Fremont will be closed until further notice.
- Fremont Center for the Arts – closed until further notice and all events, classes and meetings are suspended. This, unfortunately, includes the cancellation of the Schools of Fremont County Art Show scheduled for the month of April.
- Central Colorado Housing/Upper Arkansas Area Council of Governments – lobby/building will be closed to the public until further notice. We will continue to provide services via the phone or the internet. Call (719) 275-8350.
- The Florence Chamber of Commerce will have reduced office hours through March 27. Stay connected to our Facebook page for the latest updates.
- Howard Hall in Howard will be closed for one month. At the end of that month (April 16), we will reevaluate and perhaps extend that closure if necessary.
- VFW Post 4061 (Cañon City) will cease all community activities effective immediately and will remain closed until further notice.
- Loaves and Fishes’ statement regarding coronavirus-related changes can be found on their Facebook page HERE.
- The Bell Tower Cultural Center will be closed until April 7. No public gatherings will be held, the concert scheduled for March 28 will be rescheduled in 2021. Refunds for pre-purchased concert tickets will be available once the gallery re-opens. Those who have offices or studios in the building will still have access to their spaces. Information on the concert scheduled for April 11 will be updated as soon as possible.
- The Bridge Youth Center will be closing our doors for the next 3 weeks in response to the current situation out of love and respect for our friends and neighbors in the community. Currently we plan to re-open the week of April 5th and will reassess at that time.
- Younglife is canceled on Monday nights until further notice, and 4N Youth is canceled on Tuesdays/Wednesdays until April 7th.
- The Fremont County Democrats Assembly that was scheduled for Saturday, March 21, 2020 has been cancelled.
- The Florence Pioneer Museum and Research Center will be closed to the public until further notice.
- The Penrose Center is closed temporarily.
- Cañon City’s Golden Age Center will be closed to ALL activities. They will be serving grab and go lunches daily, starting Tuesday, March 24th. This is for seniors 60 years old and up. It is $3.00 per meal. If you need a ride to pick up a meal, please call Fremont County Transit at 276-5200. We need you call 345-3064, each day by 9:30 to let us know that you need a meal. You can also call the main GAC number at 275-5177.
Fremont County Transit will still run, for the time being, with very small groups on our shuttles.
- The 82nd annual Cañon City Music & Blossom Festival, scheduled for April 29 through May 3, will be postponed – no new date set.
- The Royal Gorge Rodeo, scheduled for May 1-2, has been postponed. No new date has been set.
- Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience will be suspending operations until further notice.
- The Royal Gorge Route Railroad will close Monday, March 16 for at least a week.
- Fremont County Community Concert Association’s March and April concerts have been cancelled.
- Cañon City Area Recreation and Park District has suspended all sports programming
- The American Lung Association’s ONE Step Training scheduled for March 26th and 27th at the Abbey is being rescheduled tentatively for May.
- The Drunk Driving Awareness Walk in Memory of Brieonna Sanders-Samora originally scheduled for April 4 has been postponed – no new date set.
- Pueblo Community College’s Fremont Hall of Fame – originally scheduled for April 24 has been postponed – no new date set.
- The Florence Pioneer Museum and Research Center Florence Historic Home Tour originally scheduled for May 11 has been cancelled.
- The Boys & Girls Club’s Breakfast of Champions scheduled for April 2 has been postponed – no new date set.
- Starpoint’s Children’s Services Annual Fairy Tale Night scheduled for April 2 has been postponed – no new date set.
- Canon City Workforce Center’s Job Fair, scheduled for April 3rd, has been cancelled.
- SOCO Tourism Summit, originally scheduled for April 8-10, has been postponed – no new date set.
- American Legion Post 13 Bingo has been canceled until April 19, 2020
- TechSTART’s Tech Night Out, scheduled on Wednesday evenings, has been cancelled until further notice.
- The Bridge Youth Center’s Bridge Bash, originally scheduled for March 28, has been rescheduled for October 10th, 6-9pm.
- Penrose Chamber Banquet – originally scheduled for March 31, has been postpones no new date set.
- The Car Show at The Abbey – originally scheduled for May 16, has been cancelled. If the health threat dissipates in time to properly plan for a show this fall, a date will be selected in September or October. For more information, call 719-639-1301.
- The Colorado Rebels Riding Club’s April 18 show has been cancelled
- All schools/classroom learning in Colorado have been ordered to stay closed until at least April 30.
- The Cañon City Public Library is now closed and all of its programs are cancelled until further notice.
- The Friends of the Penrose Library Book Club scheduled to meet on March 18, 2020, has been cancelled. This group will advise when it begins meeting again.
- The John C. Fremont Library District programs, movies, story times, book club, woolgatherers, writers’ group and events will be cancelled from March 14, 2020 until further notice.
- Pueblo Community College cancelled the Senior Mini College
- The Canon Literacy Center is cancelling its tutoring sessions on Monday and Wednesday evenings until further notice. Students will be notified when reading begins again.
- All programs routinely scheduled at Penrose Library are cancelled until further notice.
- The Boys & Girls Club of Fremont County will close for 2 weeks starting the week of March 16.
- New Child Montessori Preschool is closed until April 6.
- Cañon City Area Recreation and Park District Kids Klub program has been suspended until at least April 17.
- City of Florence Regional Water Board Meeting – originally scheduled for March 24 – cancelled.
- City of Florence Historic Preservation Commission Meeting – originally scheduled for March 25 – cancelled.
- Royal Gorge Republican Women meeting – originally scheduled for March 23 – cancelled.
- Vegan Bookclub – originally scheduled for each Wednesday, cancelled until at least end of April.
- Rotary Club of Cañon City’s Wednesday meetings are cancelled until further notice.
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church will be closed through at least April 1.
- Free Church of Cañon City will not hold Sunday Services for the next three weeks (3/15, 3/22 & 3/29).
- First United Methodist Church has suspended services and activities until further notice. Saturday Supper will be available on a take-out basis only from 11 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday’s commodity distribution will be available on a carry-out basis from1-3 p.m. The church offices will be closed, but staff will be available by phone to answer questions and take prayer requests during normal business hours.
- Oak Creek Southern Baptist Church in Rockvale has cancelled all services until further notice.
- Shepherd of the Hills Lutheran Church will be closed through at least April 1.
- Vineyard Christian Fellowship Church of Cañon City will no longer have in-person services. There will be online streaming of the services at 9 a.m., 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. at vineyardlive.org/watch or on Facebook. Church office hours are 9 .am. to 3 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- The scheduled Old Time Church Service at the Steeple Event and Conference Center at 701 Macon Ave. on March 22 has been canceled. Instead, there will be an online message given by Grant Adkisson. Check www.churchconservancy.org/new-events for the link.
- Catalyst Church is offering online services only. See their Facebook page for details.
- Cotopaxi Community Church has cancelled all church services and activities until further notice. They are working on a streaming option.
- Living Stone Calvary Chapel will offer live streamed services through their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.
- The City of Florence closed their City Hall lobby and police department lobby due to coronavirus concerns
- Coal Creek has closed its lobby, but will be there normal business hours to answer calls. Appointment can be made if necessary. Water bills and other money collections or paperwork can be dropped through the drop slot in the back door.
- Fremont County – Effective at 10:45 a.m. on 3/16/2020 through Friday, March 20, ALL Fremont County Buildings are closed to the Public. The Board of County Commissioners declared a Local Emergency Disaster as COVID-19 continues to spread through our State. You are encouraged to conduct your County related business via telephone, online or by using the drop boxes (located near the South Main Entrance, West Entrance and North Entrance) of the Administration Building. Phone numbers are on our website at www.fremontco.com.
- Cañon City has closed its city buildings to the public effective immediately through Friday, March 20, 2020. This includes City Hall, Royal Gorge Regional Museum & History Center, Cañon City Public Library, Public Works, City Parks Public Restrooms, Municipal Court, and the Police Department lobby. The Water Department will be open until the end of the day on Monday, March 16 for people who want to put money on their accounts. Utilities and fees payments can be dropped in the drop boxes at City Hall. City employees will still be conducting work as usual and can be reached via phone. Contact information for our departments can be found on our website at https://www.canoncity.org/
- The Cañon City Area Recreation and Park District offices will be closed to the public starting March 17, 2020, until further notice. Recreation District staff will be available to answer any questions or needs by calling (719) 275-1578 during normal business hours, or emailing staff. Online registration for some of our summer programming is currently available. If you are turning in an application for seasonal employment, please drop it off in the mail slot in the front door.
- The Cañon City Area Fire Protection District has closed its facilities to the public until further notice.
- The Fremont County Extension Office is currently closed to the public through April 6th and this may be extended.
- As of 3/23/20, the Cañon City Workforce Center is closed to the public. We will still be working behind the scenes so you can call us for assistance at: 719-275-7408